February 23, 2021: Tuesday of the First Week of Lent

Today's Readings: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/022321.cfm

Interesting that the reading starts with a referral to “snow” - I don’t think I’ve ever heard this passage. I’m a snow skier and love winter -- this would have been memorable.

In 2021, its natural beauty has blessed us for several weeks now bringing back memories of when it was cold all winter long.

Can you imagine the snow returning to the heavens? Something out of a sci-fi movie.

. . .”So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth;

It shall not return to me void,  but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it.” . . .

Let us take a moment in these early days of Lent to listen to His word, think about how we can do his will and take some action even in a small way so that His message is not returned as void, undeliverable, unread or remains sitting in our spam or draft folder.

From all their distress, God rescues the just.

Two phrases are speaking to me. 

. . . “I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears. 

What are my fears? I think I’ve buried them so far down to be safe that I don’t even know how they are impacting my behavior subconsciously. Let me be open to exploring them and seeking his advice and wisdom so I can remove these barriers from my life and be free to listen more closely to His word.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; and those who are crushed in spirit he saves.

I think our country is broken hearted and crushed in so many ways – I know I am. It is so easy to lose hope or not see a brighter day on the horizon . . . to fall into an abyss from which we cannot escape. Perhaps the way to the Lord is through Mary to ask for her intercession as a mother who cares and protects all her children. She experienced and overcame so many unpleasant challenges in her life. She can guide us to treat each other as children of God every single day. 

. . . If you forgive men their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.” . . . 

May we work hard to become a “just” person and to forgive others 40 x 40 x 40 times. 

- Patricia Levins, Director of Corporate, Foundation and Gov't Relations, Caldwell University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 18, 2021: Thursday After Ash Wednesday

March 16, 2021: Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

February 17, 2021: Ash Wednesday