March 1, 2021: Monday of the 2nd Week of Lent

 

Trust in the Lord

Readings for the Day: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/030121.cfm

Highlights of Readings

God is a merciful God even with all our failings. He will not judge us on our failings but will judge with compassion. We need to be mindful of this that we too have compassion with others in these troubling times and avoid judging. In times of anxiety, we are encouraged by God to Trust in the Lord. He has given us Hope through his grace and we need to be encouraged to practice believing and hoping. You will maintain your peace with trust in the Lord. This trust will bring blessings – especially Peace to the extent of your Trust.

Reflection

Dear God, keep me mindful of your compassion for us as we fail you. Help us to remember your unconditional love and empathy that you that you have for us. Please remind me to share this empathy and compassion when we are dealing in troubling times, that we too do not judge others.

Dear God, help me to let go and trust you in the good times as well as the anxious and troubling times. My peace comes from the total trust in You. Total peace will come with full trust in the Lord. Help me to surrender that trust to you entirely and learn to have the peace you intend for all followers. Help me to work hard to increase my trust so that I can share my compassion and empathy with all around me – especially after this year of anxiety and uncertainty. Help me to trust and have compassion as we await to emerge with a new normal in my daily life.


Joan H. Moriarty Ed.D.
School of Education, Caldwell University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 18, 2021: Thursday After Ash Wednesday

March 16, 2021: Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

February 17, 2021: Ash Wednesday