March 26, 2021: Friday of the 5th Week of Lent

Today's Readings: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/032621.cfm

John 10:31-42: “If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me; but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am the Father.”

In today’s Reading, Jesus is being stoned by the Jews for blasphemy, even though he has “shown you many good works from my Father.” This Gospel Reading teaches us that actions speak louder than words, a reminder more critical now than ever. As our country fights the COVID-19 pandemic, issues related to social justice, and the urgent climate crisis, we must remember that it is within our power to make a difference. We must do more than decry injustices and turmoils; we must act on them. Our good deeds toward positive change and our works of love are examples of the good of God.  Let us remember that each of us has the power to make a difference in the world because God is within all of us.

Wishing the Caldwell University community a happy and blessed Easter!

- Helen Antoniou McGowan, J.D., Assistant Professor in the School of Business and Computer Science, Caldwell University

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 18, 2021: Thursday After Ash Wednesday

March 16, 2021: Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

February 17, 2021: Ash Wednesday