March 31, 2021: Wednesday of Holy Week

Today's Readings: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/033021.cfm

Sometimes, I wake up and go about my day wondering "what I am even doing? Is this worth it? Am I wasting my time? How am I helping anyone? Am I even helping myself?" Nowadays, the days seemed to be blurred together, I keep telling myself it will get better even though it's not right now. Some days are dark and other days I see the brightest light. I was blessed with the opportunity to reflect on a few readings from the Bible. Seeing the command, "Lord, in your great love, answer me," put me in a slight state of shock. This past year, I've been praying and asking for an answer to "why?" and "how?". The reading from Isaiah gave me an answer to those questions: "The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue; That I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them." I was brought into the world for a reason and I am working hard for my education and career to change the future. I have been blessed with multiple opportunities this past year, that alone has proven His word that I am lovable and capable and I am doing just fine. One line particularly sticks with me: "See, the Lord GOD is my help; who will prove me wrong?" and for that, I am forever grateful.

- Cindy Hererra, '22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 18, 2021: Thursday After Ash Wednesday

March 16, 2021: Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent

February 17, 2021: Ash Wednesday